Local Authorities across the country are to receive a share of £88 million to help deliver the Government’s Green Deal home energy efficiency improvement programme.
The scheme will be rolled out on a street-by-street basis and will aim to help around 32,000 households install energy efficiency home improvements like solid wall insulation and hew heating systems so that they have warm, more energy efficient homes and better control of their energy bills.
Minister for Energy, Greg Barker said:
“Properties across the country are leaking hundreds of pounds every year through faulty boilers, draughty windows and insufficient insulation.
“By installing energy saving improvements we can help thousands of hard pressed consumers save energy and lower their bills.
“This is why we’ve quadrupled the Green Deal Communities funding, so that Local Authorities can help many more people benefit from these improvements.”
The 24 Local Authorities to be offered a share of £88 million from the Government under the Green Deal Communities scheme are:
- East Hampshire District Council: £2,944,668
- Dartford Borough Council: £4,026,855
- Leeds City Council: £4,943,200
- Bristol City Council: £7,292,200
- Nottingham City Council: £5,473,300
- Broadland District Council (S. Norfolk & Norwich City Council): £1,444,300
- London Borough of Hillingdon: £2,975,900
- Telford & Wrekin Council: £4,859,900
- Worcestershire County Council: £3,630,100
- London Borough of Lewisham: £1,656,222
- Surrey Coalition (Woking Borough Council): £2,550,491
- Plymouth City Council: £3,068,800
- South Buckinghamshire District Council: £2,574,991
- Manchester (Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council): £6,119,700
- Ashfield District Council: £1,097,098
- Suffolk County Council: £5,712,600
- Cambridge City Council (Cambridgeshire wide consortium): £7,857,400
- Peterborough City Council: £3,945,100
- London Borough of Haringey: £6,560,012
- Bracknell Forest Council: £1,820,714
- Eastleigh Borough Council: £3,336,900
- Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council: £2,084,502
- London Borough of Harrow: £1,457,100
- Bath & North East Somerset Council: £929,300
The Green Deal is an ambitious and long-term Government initiative designed to upgrade the energy efficiency of our homes in Great Britain. It can help people understand the energy saving improvements they can make to their home and decide how to pay for them.
Local Authorities will roll the scheme out on a street-by-street basis. They know their areas best and which streets and properties could most benefit from Green Deal to upgrade their energy efficiency.