World news story
Singapore 'Shopping is GREAT Britain' competition: how to enter
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Shoppers in Singapore have the chance to win a shopping trip to London, as well as other prizes by entering a competition.
The competition is organised by UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and British High Commission in Singapore. The first ‘Shopping is GREAT Britain contest’ was launched on Tuesday 30 September 2014 by Antony Phillipson, British High Commissioner to Singapore.
How to enter
To enter the competition you need to spend S$100 or more in a single receipt on British brands in 100 participating stores.
Multiple entries are allowed.
Participants must fill out an entry form in store and complete the following sentence in 20 words or less:
“I think British brands are GREAT because………….”
The completed entry form which should show a valid receipt number, must be dropped in to the competition box in the store.
An original receipt of S$100 or more for each entry must be presented to claim the prize.
The competition finishes on 16 November 2014.
Winners will be informed by either phone or email by 28 November 2014.
One main prize
One person will win a London shopping trip for 2 people and receive:
- three nights’ stay at Lancaster London Hotel
- two return British Airways ‘World Traveller’ flights from Singapore to London
- shopping vouchers from Neal’s Yard Remedies worth £100
77 additional prizes
- 35 x $30 cash vouchers from Clarks
- 6 x $96.30 complimentary haircut, wash and blow dry vouchers from Toni & Guy
- 8 x $50 vouchers from Fred Perry
- 1 x kMix Green Breakfast Set: Drip Coffee Maker (CM025) , 1.0L Kettle (SJM025) and 2-slice toaster (TTM025) worth S$457.00 from Kenwood
- 1 x Z2 airplay wireless music system worth $349 from Bowers & Wilkins
- 1 x Zeppelin Air Wireless Music System worth $999 from Bowers & Wilkins
- 2 x fragrance hampers - (1 x Hamper for him & 1x Hamper for her) from Penhaligon’s
- 1 x Kingswood Rose Red Saddle bag worth $176 from Cath Kidston
- 1 x 12 month Fitness First membership (worth S$2150) from Fitness First
- 1 x 3 month Fitness First membership (worth S$537) from Fitness First
- 2 x S$50 vouchers from George
- 4 x S$100 gift vouchers from Marks & Spencer
- 9 x $100 shopping giftcards/vouchers to be used across Dorothy Perkins, Topman, Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Ben Sherman & Warehouse
- 5 x S$50 Ted Baker vouchers (to be used on regular-priced merchandise excluding watches and jewellery, valid at boutiques only)
Ben Sherman, Bowers & Wilkins, Cath Kidston, Clarks, Coast, Dorothy Perkins, Fred Perry, George, Karen Millen, Kenwood, Marks & Spencer, Miss Selfridge, Neal’s Yard Remedies, Oasis, Penhaligon’s, Ted Baker, Toni & Guy, Topman, Topshop , Warehouse.
Also participating are more than 40 UK brands in Robinsons department store. Their 3 stores include Burberry, Coast, Oasis, Ted Baker, Lipsy London, Orla Kiely, Illamasqua, Atkinsons, Kenwood, Russell Hobbs, Dyson, Royal Doulton, Royal Albert.
Share your purchases on Instagram
Share a photo of your purchase on Instagram using #shopgbsg. More GREAT prizes await.
The initiative was launched together with a new reality TV programme “Fit for Fashion”, where the best of British fashion will be showcased. The campaign will highlight Britain’s position at the cutting edge of international fashion and its reputation for trendsetting, innovation, design and creativity.
During the launch, Antony Phillipson said
Fashion goes hand in hand with fitness and, as a style-conscious society; Singaporeans can look forward to watching the contestants from the region transform themselves.
I am delighted that a number of British brands are participating in the Shopping is GREAT Britain contest.
Fit for Fashion TV show
Fit for Fashion, is a 10 episode reality TV series that features the journeys of 12 men and women as they are transformed into fit, stylish and confident individuals. These contestants will face a series of challenges and undergo dramatic stylish transformations with the help of expert fitness and fashion advice from a panel of judges.
The first episode can be seen in Singapore on Thursday October 2016 at 9.40pm on the StarWorld channel.