See, Check and Notify (SCaN) aims to help businesses and organisations maximise safety and security using their existing resources.
Your people are your biggest advantage in preventing and tackling a range of threats, including terrorism, criminal activity and protest.
SCaN helps ensure that individuals or groups seeking to cause your organisation harm are unable to get the information they need to plan their actions.
It also empowers your staff to know what suspicious activity to look for and what to do when they encounter it.
As an added bonus, the skills they learn will help them to provide an enhanced customer experience.
SCaN is free. Six modules are delivered by qualified trainers:
- SCaN for all staff: A 30-minute briefing for all of your staff. It covers vigilance, suspicious activity and reporting.
- SCaN for customer-facing: A three-hour course for staff who have direct contact with your customers and site users. It covers suspicious activity, vigilance, the power of hello and reporting.
- SCaN for CCTV operators: A three-hour course for CCTV operators. It covers identifying suspicious activity, awareness of observational and judgemental errors and working with police.
- SCaN for communications professionals: A three-hour workshop for staff who work across communications disciplines, including internal communications, marketing, media liaison and digital communications.
- SCaN for security managers: A mentoring programme for security managers. It empowers them to create a difficult environment for individuals or groups seeking to cause harm to your organisation.
- SCaN for decision-makers: A 30-minute briefing for senior executives.
Sign up for SCaN
SCaN is not about spending more money on security measures or employing more security staff. It’s about making simple changes and using the resources you already have more effectively.
This could be the difference between your organisation being a target or not.
To sign up, contact your local Counter Terrorism Security Advisor (CTSA).