This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Advice for Arsenal FC football supporters travelling to Belgium on 22nd October 2014
Game: RSC Anderlecht v Arsenal FC
Date: Wednesday, 22nd October 2014
Time: 20.45 (local time)
Venue: Constant Vanden Stock Stadium, Avenue Théo Verbeecklaan 2, B-1070 Anderlecht
As well as this advice, check out our travel advice for Belgium
Passports and visas
- You don’t need a visa to travel to the Belgium, but your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay.
- You must carry your passport with you (in a safe place) at all times for identification purposes.
- Remember to bring your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with you AND take out Travel Insurance. Even if you’re only going for the day - it could save you a lot of money if you get into difficulties while abroad.
- If your passport gets lost or stolen while in the Belgium, you will need to report it to the Belgian police as soon as possible. To be able to return to the UK you will need to obtain an Emergency Travel Document from the British Consulate General in Brussels, Belgium. Please call 00 32 2 287 62 11 - 24/7 - for further information.
Getting to the stadium
- Address of stadium: Constant Vanden Stock Stadium, Avenue Théo Verbeecklaan 2, B-1070 Anderlecht
- The public transport option to get to the stadium is good. If you arrive by Eurostar – take Metro line 6 direction Roi Baudouin/Koning Boudewijn and alight at Beekkant Metro station. Here you will need to change to Metro line 5 direction Erasme/Erasmus and alight at Aumale Metro station. If you are in the centre of Brussels take Metro line 5 direction Erasme/Erasmus and alight at Aumale Metro station. Here Club stewards and Belgian police officers will be at hand to direct you to the stadium. Brussels Metro Map
- There is no public parking for any supporters. If you are travelling by car you will need to park in the streets around the stadium. Please make sure that you park your vehicle in a valid parking place and that you pay for your ticket!!!
At the match
- There will be no tickets on sale in Anderlecht on the day of the match.
- A Belgian Law permits Belgian police officers to arrest supporters without a ticket who are in the Anderlecht area of Brussels on the night of the match.
- Arsenal FC fans will be located in a segregated area of the South Stand of the stadium.
- When entering the visitor’s zone Arsenal FC fans will be asked to show their ticket. Please hold it up on demand as proof that you are a ticket holder.
- You will be body searched when entering the stadium by stewards.
- The stewards are entitled to withhold some objects that are not allowed in the stadium. If those objects are not illegal, you will receive a ticket to enable you to reclaim your possessions after the match. Illegal objects will be turned over to the police together with the carrier of the object. Illegal objects are, amongst others: knives, glass bottles, darts, laser pens, drugs.
- Arsenal supporters can expect to be held back in the stadium after the end of the match for about 30 minutes.
- Wheelchair supporters: seating is available in the away section but no facilities are foreseen for those who are visually impaired. It is advised to speak to Arsenal FC about your arrangements.
- As in any other city, beware of pickpockets and bag snatchers at airports, railway stations, around the town centre and when using public transport.
- Carrying your passport (in a safe place) is mandatory in Belgium. You can be arrested and detained for up to 12 hours if you fail to show it when ask to by a Belgian police officer.
- Keep a copy of your passport and a list of important phone numbers that can be easily accessed if needed.
- Public disorder (due to alcohol intake or any other reason) will not be tolerated.
- Criminal offences can lead to detention of up to 6 days.
British Consulate General
Avenue d'Auderghem/Oudergemlaan 10,
(Closest Metro – Schuman)
Mon, Tues, Thur and Fri from 9.00am-12.30pm
Tel. 00 32 (0)2 287 62 11 – lines are open 24/7
Emergency service numbers
- Emergencies 112
- Police 101
- Fire brigade 100
- Other EmergencyNumbers
- To block Bank cards: 070 344 344