In honor of International Women’s Day, the British Consulate General - Jerusalem is holding a Photography Contest on its UK in Jerusalem Facebook page, which will celebrate the lives and ambitions of Palestinian women.
So join us in celebrating the experience of being a woman in the Occupied Palestinian Territories!
Take an original still photo that reflects the meaning of being a “Palestinian Women”. Your photo should reflect a powerful image of Palestinian women, or highlight life for women in the Occupied Palestinian Territories from your perspective! Your photos could show achievements, talents, inspiring work, culture, charm, resistance, lifestyle, beauty, or even struggle of Palestinian women. Be creative in telling us those stories! Use your imagination, and send us those powerful images!
Contest Details and Rules:
- Contest will run on UK in Jerusalem’s Facebook page.
- This contest is only open to residents of the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
- Pictures submitted have to reflect on the theme: Palestinian Women.
- Participants are not allowed to submit more than one picture.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry of any photo that we feel is inappropriate, i.e. portraying violence or abuse.
- Photos need to be the original work of the contestants, and to be shot in the Occupied Palestinian Territories. * Contestants will be responsible for any copyright violation committed in entries.
- Photo Submission: All pictures are to be sent to email@example.com in a .jpg format, and a maximum size of 5mb, along with a short description, as well as the name of the photographer and the town/city they are from and contact details.
- Contestants are responsible for having obtained any necessary permission from any person/persons appearing in their photographs.
- All pictures will be posted in an album on UK in Jerusalem’s Facebook page on Tuesday March 1st, and voting on pictures can take place as soon as pictures are posted.
- Deadline for voting, and announcing the winner will take place on International Women’s Day on March 8th, at 12:00 noon. Winners will be announced on Facebook & will be contacted afterwards.
- Voting on pictures will be done by ‘liking’ the photos in the album. The picture with the most ‘likes’ by the end of this contest, will win the first prize!
- The second prize will be granted to the picture that’s most preferred by the British Consul General, and will also be announced on the same date.
- In entering, you agree to allow the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) to use your image on FCO social media channels, and/or without restrictions, although credit will be given where appropriate.
Deadline for Submitting Photos:
Monday February 29th at 12:00 noon. Any picture submitted after this deadline will NOT be considered.
There two prizes will be:
- Photo with most ‘likes’ on Facebook will receive an iPhone 6s
- Photo chosen by Consul General/team will be hired to cover a British Consul General social function in 2016, and potentially other BCG events.