This conference brings together insurance industry professionals and intellectual property (IP) specialists primarily to help business, manufacturing and creative industry representative organisations understand ways their members may cost-effectively resolve their disputes. It will illustrate how the numerous types of insurance products e.g. legal expenses insurance (LEI), Cyber, indemnity and revenue protection, can help the different sectors.
IP insurance is becoming more affordable for SMEs and bespoke solutions for specific sectors are now emerging. It is increasingly recognised that before the event IP LEI in particular, can help businesses grow. IP LEI not only helps to ensure that Intellectual Property Rights can be enforced and defended but may also act as a deterrent to infringement or even increase the probability of accessing finance.
Note: the conference will provide ample opportunity for facilitated and general networking for insurers and representative bodies.
The conference will help business representative organisations understand:
- the various types of IP insurance
- the low-cost alternative dispute resolution options that are available including Mediation and Expert Opinions;
- the insurance claims process and
- how the various insurance products may help license rights, protect revenues and even improve access to finance
- Rosa Wilkinson, IPO Director of Innovation
- The Honourable Mr Justice Arnold, Senior High Court IP Judge
- Dids Macdonald, CEO Anti Copying In Design
- David Bloom, Independent Specialist IP Insurance Broker
2 July 2015, 9.30am to 4.30pm
(9am coffee and registration)
Association of British Insurers
51 Gresham Street,
This Conference is free to attend and is CPD certified.
Additional speakers include:
To secure your place at this free conference please email the IPO’s Business Support Policy Team
Spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To ensure that another organisation does not unnecessarily miss this opportunity, please let us know if you are no longer able to attend so we can re- allocate your place. Further details for attendees, including full agenda, will follow from the IPOs Business Support Policy Team.