To provide a high quality, professional, consistent and efficient visa service.
Receive and process UK visa applications submitted in Santiago, Chile.
- Collection of visa applications, fees and associated documentation, risk assessment of each application
- Management of the on-line appointment system and capture of biometrics data
- Dispatch of applications
- Contact applicants for collection of visa decisions
- Assist the Visa Manager in the issuance of UK Overseas Territories and Commonwealth visa applications
- Liaison with the hub in Rio de Janeiro and participation in conferences both in person and by telephone
- An excellent command of spoken and written English and Spanish
- Have a high standard of working ethics
- Customer focused, good problem solver, good at managing expectations and courteous
- Strong IT skills
- Highly organised, ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly
- A self-starter, confident and capable of working on own initiative, remain calm under pressure , being able to work under constant supervision
- Adaptability, flexibility and patience
- Able to take full responsibility for maintaining own performance and to take responsibility for actions
- Preparedness to travel and deploy at short notice to other visa sections in the region
- Being able and willing to learn a wide variety of Visa regulations and standards operations procedures
- Full validity passport
36 hrs per week.
Monday to Thursday 9am – 5.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break.
Friday 9am – 1pm.
Full training will be provided.
$841,474 Chilean pesos (gross salary.)
Employment is subject to a 12 month fixed contract with the possibility of renewing for a permanent contract. Access to a medical scheme and other benefits are available after signing this second contract.
If interested please send a CV and a brief letter explaining eligibility to the position (in English) to: Head of Consular Section, Embajada Británica, Avenida el Bosque Norte 0125, Las Condes, Santiago.
Envelopes should be marked “Application for Entry Clearance Assistant.”
Closing date: Wednesday 15 May 2013 (before 5pm.)
Job starting date: 17 June 2013.
If you are selected for interview we will call you by 17 May 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.