World news story
Employment opportunity at British Embassy Athens
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Political Office Assistant at British Embassy Athens
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Political Office Assistant, working to senior diplomats on high profile foreign policy issues of bilateral and regional importance. Initially, this position will be offered for one year.
The successful candidate will have an aptitude for / track record of working in an international context, and will be able to switch with ease between policy issues and administrative tasks. We would expect the successful candidate to meet the following requirements:
- A high degree of self-motivation, initiative and resilience
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism, discretion and flexibility
- An eye for detail with exceptional organisation skills; the ability to research issues with little supervision; and an understanding of project management principles and the ability to monitor and report on projects (in English)
- Good computer skills, particularly MS Office
- Some knowledge of foreign policy and immigration issues would be an advantage
- The ability to speak and read English is essential
- The ability to speak and read Greek language is desirable but not essential
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview which will take place in the week beginning 22 July 2013.
Applications with full CV in English to be sent to the Human Resources Officer, British Embassy, Ploutarchou 1, Athens, 10675 by 8 July 2013. (email: HR.Athens@fco.gov.uk).
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer