The British embassy in Lebanon is pleased to announce a call for bids to the Magna Carta Fund for Human Rights and Democracy.
At this stage we are requesting project proposals only of no more than five pages in length, with a local deadline of 6 June. Please use the Project Proposal and Activity Based Budget forms, under key documents.
Kindly send your proposals to email@example.com
Human Rights Themes
This year the British Embassy is seeking to support projects in Lebanon that focus on combating violence against women and girls (VAWG).
We are particularly interested in project proposals aiming towards improving implementation of laws related to VAWG, including law 293.
This might include but not be limited to:
- Awareness raising, whether amongst men, women, lawyers or judges
- Support for women seeking to benefit from the law
- New research or desk research of existing reports into implementation of the law, to help make further recommendations and support advocacy.
We are not looking for projects to include work with ISF or religious leaders as this is being covered under existing programming.
You should seek to demonstrate the outcomes your project will achieve, such as:
- Increase in judges or lawyers making proper use of the law
- Increase in protection orders issued
- Increase in awareness of the law or improved attitudes about the law and toward victims
- Amendments to Law 293 to improve its implementation
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- Proposal makes best use of existing research and explains why this activity fills a gap
- Outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- Project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- Risk and financial accountability procedures
- The organisation’s safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- Overall value for money
Projects are funded for a single financial year running from 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019. As we would hope for further funding for FY 19/20, you may choose to provide a brief summary of Phase II activity you would carry out, were you to receive further funds, to maximise the impact of the project.
• Budget: £47,500.00. The Activity Based Budgeting should reflect 85% spend by end of December, each year for each annual budget.
- Project proposals must be received by midnight on [Wednesday 6th June]. Late proposals will not be considered.
- Project proposals selected for further consideration will be notified by 20th June.
- The BE aim to sign grant agreements with successful project implementers by 29th June.