We bring together all the practical support available to UK businesses and consumers to help them benefit from the EU single market.
- SOLVIT: an informal problem-solving network
- UK Point of Single Contact: helps you start a business or provide services in the UK
- Internal Market Scoreboard
- Internal Market Information (IMI) system
- Technical Standards and Regulations Directive 2015/1535/EU (formerly 98/34/EC)
SOLVIT problem solving service
SOLVIT can help when your EU rights as a citizen or as a business are breached by public authorities in another EU country.
If you’re unsure whether SOLVIT can deal with your problem we may be able to help. To contact us email: SOLVIT@beis.gov.uk.
The UK will no longer be part of SOLVIT if there’s a no-deal Brexit. You will have to raise concerns directly with the relevant competent authority.
UK Point of Single Contact
The UK Point of Single Contact gives simple information on how to set up a business or provide services in the UK.
The service is aimed at those in the European Economic Area (EEA), but those from outside the EEA may also find it useful.
Internal Market Scoreboard
The Internal Market Scoreboard is now published in May each year.
It benchmarks each countries performance in implementing the internal market.
Other sources of help
- Enterprise Europe Network helps small companies access business opportunities within Europe
- EURES the European job mobility portal is a cooperation network to help workers move freely within Europe
- Your Europe helps you find out how to do things, such as moving, living, studying, working or shopping, in other European countries, avoiding unnecessary inconvenience and red tape
- UK European Consumer Centre offers advice and assistance in cross-border European disputes between consumers and traders
- UK European Consumer Centre for Services helps you as a consumer when buying services across Europe
- UK NCP (UK National Contact Point) for professional qualifications provides information on professional recognition across Europe
- other EU member states PSCs
- Department for International Trade (DIT) provides expert trade advice and practical support to UK-based companies who want to grow their business overseas
- Digital Single Market is the government’s webpage on the European digital economy
- e-Certis is the EU information system that helps businesses identify the different certificates requested in procurement procedures across the EU; it can also help understand what evidence is requested or provided by the buyer