Role of the group
The Tree Health and Plant Biosecurity Expert Taskforce was convened by Defra’s Chief Scientific Adviser in November 2012 at the request of Defra’s Secretary of State. The Taskforce is an independent, multi-disciplinary group of members of the academic community. Its remit was to provide advice on the current threats to tree health and plant biosecurity in the UK and make recommendations about how those threats could be mitigated.
- Tree Health and Plant Biosecurity Expert Taskforce: Final report. Ministers accepted all the recommendations in the Taskforce report in the response set out in a Written Ministerial Statement issued on 12 December 2013.
Terms of reference and members
- Tree Health and Plant Biosecurity Expert Taskforce: Final report
- Tree Health and Plant Biosecurity Expert Taskforce: Stakeholder Engagement Report
- Chalara and the Social Amplification of Risk
- Chalara in Ash Trees: A framework for assessing ecosystem impacts and appraising options
- Australia & New Zealand Biosecurity Review
- Tree health and plant biosecurity expert taskforce: Interim report
- Tree Health and Plant Biosecurity Evidence Plan
- Chalara Management Plan