The Review Panel (MHRA) carries out statutory and non-statutory reviews of proposals, decisions and provisional decisions taken by Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
Role of the group
The terms of reference for the Review Panel (MHRA) are to:
- review the provisional determinations made by the Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) concerning the classification of a product as a medicine
- perform the role of the ‘reviewers’ in relation to decisions or proposals made by the MHRA related to the grant, renewal, revocation, suspension, refusal or variation of manufacturer’s or wholesale dealing licences, and UK marketing authorisations (the ‘persons appointed’ role)
- consider representations about decisions made in relation to advertising
The Review Panel became a departmental expert committee on 1 November 2012 as a result of the Arm’s Length Body (ALB) Review in 2010.
The Code of Practice
Code of Practice on conflicts of interest applies to chairs, members, co-opted members and invited and patient experts of all our scientific advisory committees. See Code of Practice.
The principles in the Code also apply to observers and invited experts who are asked to contribute written advice and do not attend committee meetings.
Please contact Committee Services - Recruitment Team if you are interested in joining the Review Panel at CSTRecruitment@mhra.gov.uk.
|Dr Adam Hacker BA (Hons), MA, PhD
|Director and Global Head of Regulatory Affairs and Quality, Coalition of Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI)
|Mrs Rachelle Broadley JP MA (Cantab)
|Solicitor, Macmillan Cancer Support
|Dr Zainab Rai BSc, MBBS, MRCS, PG Dip.
|General Surgical Registrar and Honorary Clinical Fellow, University College London Hospital
|Mr Stephen Sharp MA MSc
|Senior Statistician, University of Cambridge MRC Epidemiology Unit
|Dr Susan Shelmerdine MBBS(Dist), BSc(hons), MRCS, PGCert HBE, FHEA, FRCR, PhD
|Consultant Paediatric Radiologist, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust. Honorary Associate Professor, Population, Policy and Practice. UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health.
Reviewers (participation at specific appeals only) appointed under Sch 5 para 2 of the Human Medicines Regulations 2012 (as amended):
- Dr Alan Fayaz MD(Res) MRCP FRCA FFPMRCA (University College London Hospital NHS Foundation Trust)
- Dr Roger Knaggs BSc BMedSci PhD EDPM FFRPS FRPharmS FFPMRCA (University of Nottingham and Primary Integrated Community Solutions
- Dr Matt Mulvey BSc (Hons) PhD (University of Leeds)
- Dr Paul Farquhar-Smith MA, MB BChir, MA, PhD, FRCA, FFPMRCA (The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust)
- Professor Michael D Threadgill PGCE MA PhD DSc FRSC CChem (University of Bath and Aberystwyth University)