Tax Professionals Forum
The forum is a group of tax professionals committed to developing tax policy.
Making the right decisions on tax policy is critical. But a competitive tax system is not only about the level of taxation and the policy choices that determine its incidence, it is also about the quality of tax law and the way we make tax policy.
From a speech made by the Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury, David Gauke MP, to the Centre for Business Taxation, Oxford University, 2 July 2010.
Role of the group
The government established a forum of tax professionals to be chaired by the Exchequer Secretary to the Treasury, as part of the commitment to reform the framework for developing tax policy and making tax law. The forum will meet bi-annually, and the remit and membership be be reviewed every two years.
Members of the forum are:
- Malcolm Gammie CBE QC – Research Director for the IFS Tax Law Committee
- Vincent Oratore CTA (Fellow) – former president of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Chris Sanger – Global Director of Tax Policy at Ernst & Young and Chairman of the Tax Faculty of the ICAEW
- Jane McCormick – UK Head of Tax at KPMG
- Richard Stratton – Partner at Travers Smith
- Philip Baker OBE QC – Grays Inn Tax Chambers and Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London
- Stephen Herring – Head of Taxation, Institute of Directors
- Anita Monteith – ICAEW Tax Faculty Technical Manager
- Andy Richens – Policy Adviser, Office of Tax Simplification
- Jonathan Riley - Head of Tax, Grant Thornton UK LLP
Tax Professionals Forum minutes (January 2017) (PDF, 29.9KB, 2 pages)
Tax Professionals Forum minutes (October 2016) (PDF, 24.4KB, 2 pages)
Tax Professionals Forum minutes (December 2015) (PDF, 38.4KB, 2 pages)
Tax Professionals Forum minutes (February 2015) (PDF, 40.7KB, 2 pages)
Tax Professionals Forum minutes (December 2013) (PDF, 38.9KB, 3 pages)
Tax Professionals Forum minutes (May 2013) (PDF, 34.8KB, 2 pages)
Tax Professionals Forum minutes (October 2012) (PDF, 37.4KB, 2 pages)
For previous minutes please go to the National Archives website
Independent annual reports
The forum has published independent annual reports on the implementation of the new tax policy making process.
Independent annual report (5 December 2016) (PDF, 298KB, 24 pages)
Government response to the independent annual report of 17 December 2015 (PDF, 27.9KB, 2 pages)
Independent annual report 17 December 2015 (PDF, 477KB, 26 pages)
Independent annual report 27 March 2013 (PDF, 100KB, 19 pages)
Annex to the 2012-13 annual report: correspondence on follower notices (PDF, 542KB, 12 pages)
Independent annual report 2012-13 (PDF, 251KB, 26 pages)
Independent annual report 6 December 2011 (PDF, 137KB, 25 pages)