The Star Chamber helps the Department for Education to assess data collections for schools and children’s services.
Terms of reference
The Star Chamber helps review all Department for Education data collections relating to children’s services, schools and families.
It aims to ensure all proposed collections are:
- good value
- as easy and quick to complete as possible
Meeting and submission dates
Meetings are usually held on the first Thursday of every month.
The usual deadline for submitting a data collection proposal to the Star Chamber secretariat is midday, 10 calendar days before the meeting.
The Star Chamber is made up of representatives from schools and local authorities.
Current members are:
- Jamie James (Chair, Data Operations Division)
- Philip Brocklehurst (associate local authority member)
- Stephen Clark (associate local authority member)
- Mathew Downs (Highcliffe School, Dorset)
- Chris Hill (National Association of Head Teachers)
- Rashid Jussa (Waltham Forest local authority)
- Damien Kearns (Nishkam High School, Birmingham)
- Adam King (Ofsted)
- Jeanette Miller (Thornhill Primary School)
- Mike Parkin (Worcestershire local authority)
- Cathy Piotrowski (associate local authority member)
- Gavin Sandmann (Milton Keynes local authority)
- Simon Utting (Hackney Learning Trust)
- Max Winters (associate local authority member)
- Nigel Wright (Bohunt School, Hampshire)
Star Chamber Scrutiny Board Secretariat
Data Operations Division
2 St Paul's Place
125 Norfolk Street