Terms of reference
The Star Chamber helps review all Department for Education data collections relating to children’s services, schools and families.
It aims to ensure all proposed collections are:
- good value
- as easy and quick to complete as possible
Meeting and submission dates
Meetings are usually held on the first Thursday of every month.
The usual deadline for submitting a data collection proposal to the Star Chamber secretariat is noon, 10 calendar days before the meeting.
The Star Chamber is made up of representatives from schools and local authorities.
Current members are:
- Jude Hillary (Chair – Education Data Division and Head of Profession for Statistics)
- Philip Brocklehurst (formerly Kensington and Chelsea local authority)
- Stephen Clark (Lancashire local authority)
- Bruce Farajian (South Gloucestershire local authority)
- Chris Hill, Headteacher (Hounslow Town School, Hounslow)
- Anna Janes (Brent local authority)
- Rashid Jussa (Surrey local authority)
- Adam King (Ofsted)
- Jeanette Miller (Southampton local authority)
- Louise Nock (Barnsley local authority)
- Nigel Nicholds (Norfolk local authority)
- Cathy Piotrowski (Central Bedfordshire local authority)
- Gavin Sandmann (Milton Keynes local authority)
- Keith Sorrell (Headteacher, Windsor School, Dudley)
- Max Winters (Bromley local authority)
- Debbie Wright (Kent local authority)
- Simon Utting (Hackney Learning Trust)
- Andrew Roberts (Wirral local authority)
Star Chamber Scrutiny Board Secretariat
Education Data Division
25 Norfolk St