Terms of reference
The Star Chamber helps review all Department for Education data collections relating to children’s services, schools and families.
It aims to ensure all proposed collections are:
- good value
- as easy and quick to complete as possible
Meeting and submission dates
Meetings are usually held on the first Thursday of every month.
The usual deadline for submitting a data collection proposal to the Star Chamber secretariat is midday, 10 calendar days before the meeting.
The Star Chamber is made up of representatives from schools and local authorities.
Current members are:
- Jude Hillary (Chair - Education Data Division)
- Penny Arcanitis (Birmingham local authority)
- Philip Brocklehurst (formerly, Kensington and Chelsea local authority)
- Stephen Clark (formerly, Lancashire local authority)
- Bruce Farajian (South Gloucestershire local authority)
- Chris Hill (Headteacher, Hounslow Town Primary School, National Association of Head Teachers)
- Rashid Jussa (Southwark local authority)
- Damien Kearns (Headteacher, Nishkam High School, Birmingham)
- Adam King (Ofsted)
- Jeanette Miller (Southampton local authority)
- Mike Parkin (Worcestershire local authority)
- Cathy Piotrowski (formerly, Central Bedfordshire local authority)
- Gavin Sandmann (Milton Keynes local authority)
- Simon Utting (Hackney Learning Trust)
- Rowena Ward (Westminster local authority)
- Max Winters (Bromley local authority)
Star Chamber Scrutiny Board Secretariat
Education Data Division
2 St Paul's Place
125 Norfolk Street