The Rail Franchise Advisory Panel supports the department's rail franchising programme.
The Rail Franchise Advisory Panel advises, supports and informs the Secretary of State for Transport on the department’s work on the rail franchising programme.
Terms of reference
The terms of reference sets out the proposed role and ways of working of the Rail Franchise Advisory Panel.
- Richard Brown (Chairman), Chairman of Eurostar, author of the independent Brown Review into Rail Franchising
- Nicola Shaw, CEO of High Speed 1 Limited
- Stephen Paine, Managing Director, Global Head of Infrastructure and Co-Head of UK Investment Banking at UBS Investment bank
- Martin Buck, Commercial Director at Crossrail Limited
- Michael Holden, CEO of Directly Operated Railways and Chairman of East Coast
- Franchise Advisory Panel members named press release, 25 April 2013
- Franchise announcement written statement by the Secretary of State for Transport, 26 March 2013
- Fresh start for franchising press notice, 26 March 2013
- Prior information notice for rail franchising from 2013
- Rail franchise schedule
- Rail franchising
- Brown review of the rail franchising programme
- Report of the Laidlaw inquiry
- Expanding and improving the rail network