The Professor Sir Norman Williams Review was set up to conduct a rapid policy review into the issues relating to gross negligence manslaughter in healthcare.
Terms of reference
Professor Sir Norman Williams statement
- Professor Sir Norman Williams – chair
- Ian Stern QC – vice chair
- Martin Bromiley (Chair, Clinical Human Factors Group) / Dr Nick Toff (Principal National Clinical Investigator, Healthcare Safety Investigation Branch) - member
- Harry Cayton (CEO, Professional Standards Authority) - member
- Professor Jacqueline Dunkley-Bent (Head of Maternity, Children and Young People, NHS England) - member
- Professor Carrie MacEwen (Chair, Academy of Medical Royal Colleges) – member
- Lesley Watts (Chief Executive, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) - member
The panel is keen to hear from anyone who has been involved with a case or has an interest in the subject of gross negligence manslaughter in healthcare, including the families of patients, healthcare professionals, those involved in the judicial process, employers and prosecuting authorities. Evidence for the consideration of the panel can be submitted to the review secretariat.
The deadline for written evidence for consideration by the review is 13 April 2018. Regrettably, submissions received after that date will not be able to be considered.