A quarterly forum to discuss direct tax operational and policy issues relating to the oil industry.
The forum is made up of oil and gas industry representatives and advisers from the UK Oil Industry Taxation Committee (UKOITC), Oil and Gas UK (OGUK), the Oil Taxation action Committee (OTAC), the Association of British Independent Oil Exploration Companies (BRINDEX), and the Oil and Gas Independents’ Association (OGIA) and senior personnel from HMRC (including the large business oil & gas sector lead, head of oil policy and other key personnel) and representatives from HM Treasury (North Seas Branch, corporate tax team).
The forum will be co-chaired by the large business oil & gas sector lead and the chairman of UKOITC who will jointly prepare agendas.
Terms of reference
To establish close, ongoing links between the large business - oil & gas sector (LB O&G) and its customers to:
- provide a forum within which current taxation, policy, and operational issues as well as industry representation can be discussed in an atmosphere of mutual trust
- improve communications between LB O&G and its customers
- improve the service provided by LB O&G to its customers
- identify the compliance burden on customers with a view to reducing it
- facilitate the meeting of customers’ compliance obligations
The forum meets 4 times a year, with the facility for extra meetings if issues arise that require discussion at short notice.
Please see The National Archives website for previous minutes: