A quarterly forum to discuss direct tax operational and policy issues relating to the oil industry.
The forum is made up of oil and gas industry representatives and advisers from the UK Oil Industry Taxation Committee (UKOITC), Oil and Gas UK (OGUK), the Oil Taxation action Committee (OTAC), the Association of British Independent Oil Exploration Companies (BRINDEX), and the Oil and Gas Independents’ Association (OGIA) and senior personnel from HMRC (including the large business oil & gas sector lead, head of oil policy and other key personnel) and representatives from HM Treasury (North Seas Branch, corporate tax team).
The forum will be co-chaired by the large business oil & gas sector lead and the chairman of UKOITC who will jointly prepare agendas.
Terms of Reference
To establish close, ongoing links between the large business - oil & gas sector (LB O&G) and its customers for the purpose of:
- providing a forum within which current taxation, policy, and operational issues as well as industry representation can be discussed in an atmosphere of mutual trust
- improving communications between LB O&G and its customers
- improving the service provided by LB O&G to its customers
- identifying the compliance burden on customers with a view to reducing it
- facilitating the meeting of customers’ compliance obligations
The Forum meets 4 times a year, with the facility for extra meetings if issues arise that require discussion at short notice.
PDF, 275KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Minutes 30 March 2017 (PDF, 406KB, 4 pages)
Please see the National Archives website for previous minutes: