The Cyber and Government Security Directorate (CGSD) supports Cabinet Office ministers in determining priorities in relation to securing cyberspace; coordinates the National cyber security programme and is responsible for Personal, Physical and Information Security Policy across government and internationally.
The CGSD works with other lead government departments and agencies such as the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), GCHQ, Home Office, Ministry of Defence (MOD), the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport.
Aims and objectives
The CGSD is responsible for implementing a number of cross cutting agendas including:
- to deliver the new National Cyber Security Strategy (NCSS) 2016 - 2021;
- manage the five-year National Cyber Security Programme (NCSP) 2016 - 2021;
- support the establishment of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC);
- to continue to set policy for Government security;
- implement the findings of the Government Security Review, seeking to transform the current security landscape through developing a new clusters model for Government.