The taskforce engages with, challenges and promotes the policy development work of government in supporting the creation and development of Public Service Mutuals.
The Mutuals Taskforce was appointed by the Minister for the Cabinet Office in February 2011. The Chair is Professor Julian Le Grand.
- engages with and gleans learning from pathfinders’ experiences
- gathers evidence on Public Service Mutuals
- promotes the concept of Public Service Mutuals inside and outside government
- deploys evidence and expertise to challenge and engage with the development and implementation of government policy
To do this, the taskforce’s membership includes people with experience and expertise in the mutual field.
- Donna Fallows, Evolve YP - services for children and young people who are in care, or are leaving the care system
- Stephen Kelly, Cabinet Office
- Patrick Lewis, the John Lewis Partnership
- Jo Pritchard, Central Surrey Health
Members of relevant organisations
Iain Hasdell, Employee Ownership Association Peter Holbrook, Social Enterprise UK Ed Mayo, Cooperatives UK Rachel Wolf, New Schools Network
Professor Peter Marsh, University of Sheffield (Vice Chair) Julian Le Grand, London School of Economics (Chair)