MCA Resilience unit
The Resilience unit provides policy advice and guidance to the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) to make sure it meets its obligations and responsibilities for emergency response.
Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre personnel respond to emergency calls 24 hours a day, every day of the year for the UK coast and surrounding waters.
MCA is designated as a Category 1 responder under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. The Resilience Unit makes sure that MCA complies with its duties under the act and is able to work effectively with other responders in the event of an emergency requiring a multi-agency response.
To provide policy, advice and guidance to the Maritime and Coastguard Agency to ensure that it meets its obligations and responsibilities under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
The Resilience unit will:
- monitor and measure MCA’s performance against the Civil Contingencies Act
- advise and support MCA staff in discharging their resilience function
- be prepared to respond to major incidents to provide support and guidance on integrated emergency management
- interpret central government guidance on resilience matters
- engage with central government departments and the devolved administrations
- give strategic direction to MCA
105 Commercial Road
Main switchboard 023 8032 9100
For General enquiries