The Customer Equality Reference Group for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) acted as a consultative group for the department’s proposals when implementing equality legislation.
This group has closed
The Customer Equality Reference Group was set up to help DWP develop its equality schemes before the introduction of the Equality Act 2010. Since the introduction of the Act, there is no longer a need for this group.
Role of the group
The group helped DWP involve customers in diversity issues. Their input then helped shape equality legislation.
The group had experience of the department’s policies and services, and background knowledge of equality legislation and codes of practice.
The DWP equality and diversity page has more information about these issues.
- Action for Blind People
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Albert Kennedy Trust
- Archibald Foundation
- Black Training and Enterprise Group
- British Federation of Racial Equality Councils/Kingston Race and Equalities Council
- British Humanist Society
- Dial UK
- Equality 2025
- Irish Traveller Movement in Great Britain
- National AIDS Trust
- National Women’s Commission
- North West Equality and Diversity Group
- Oxfam UK
- Press for Change
- RADAR – the disability network
- TAEN – The Age and Employment Network
- UK Council on Deafness
- Union of Muslim organisations of UK and Eire
- Women’s Budget Group
The 23 November 2011 meeting discussed the department’s proposals for meeting its duties under the Public Sector Equality Duty.
For previous minutes please go to the National Archives website.