The Domain Management team helps to protect critical government services that depend on the security of the .gov.uk domain.
Who we are
The Domain Management team sits in the Central Digital and Data Office (CDDO), which is part of the Cabinet Office.
We monitor public sector domains to keep them secure.
Our priorities are to:
- verify applications for .gov.uk domain names
- keep track of all of the .gov.uk domain names
- scan and monitor the .gov.uk domain name space to identify issues and help organisations fix them
- work with organisations to make sure .gov.uk domain names are renewed
- help organisations with .gov.uk domains sign up to the Registry Lock service
- make sure that .gov.uk domain names are registered with role-based government accounts
- provide organisations with support to solve any other DNS related administration or technical issues
We monitor the following public sector domains for vulnerabilities:
We also monitor domains in other namespaces registered by public sector organisations where they have been shared with us.
We operate a number of services to monitor public sector domains. You can find more information about the monitoring tools we use.
We collect DNS records, and WHOIS records where they are available. Working with our monitoring services we also record issues with the domains we monitor.
If you are a public sector domain holder and would like us to stop monitoring your domain, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current outreach activities
The Domain Management team is seeking to improve how we support public sector organisations with their .gov.uk domains.
We are asking organisations to approve additional monitoring on their .gov.uk domains.
If you have received an email about this approval request, it is genuine and the domain holder or security lead should complete it.
Email email@example.com for any questions about domains monitoring and vulnerabilities. Continue to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about registering a .gov.uk domain.
Working for us
Any job vacancies are advertised on Civil Service Job Search.