The Criminal Justice Board will deliver swift and certain justice.
Role of the group
Reforms to the criminal justice system will be overseen by a reformed cross-governmental group chaired by Justice Secretary, Elizabeth Truss.
The Criminal Justice Board’s aim is to deliver swift and certain justice by driving improvements across the system.
The Board has restarted with a new membership. Among those joining the Justice Secretary and Home Secretary will be the Attorney General, senior members of the judiciary and representatives of policing groups, the Crown Prosecution Service and Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service.
Minutes of their meetings will be regularly uploaded to this web page.
Its 19 members span the criminal justice system, allowing the board to have a complete overview of upcoming reforms. It will ensure each part of the criminal justice system is held accountable for delivering these reforms.
- Lord Chancellor & Secretary of State for Justice (The Right Honourable David Lidington CBE MP)
- Secretary of State for the Home Department (The Rt Hon Amber Rudd MP)
- Attorney General (The Rt Hon Jeremy Wright QC MP)
- President of the Queen’s Bench Division (Sir Brian Leveson)
- Senior Presiding Judge (Lady Justice Macur)
- Chair, National Police Chief’s Council (Chief Constable Sara Thornton)
- Director of Public Prosecutions (Alison Saunders)
- Police and Crime Commissioner Representative (Hertfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner, David Lloyd)
- CEO Crown Prosecution Service (Nick Folland)
- Acting Director General Justice and Courts Policy Group (Scott McPherson)
- CEO National Offender Management Service (Michael Spurr)
- CEO HM Courts & Tribunals Service (Susan-Acland Hood)
- Director General Crime & Policing Group, Home Office (Paul Lincoln)
- Director General Prisons and Offender Management Policy, Ministry of Justice (Justin Russell)
- Director/ Deputy Head of the Office, Attorney General’s Office (Michelle Crotty)
- Commissioner, Metropolitan Police (Cressida Dick)
- Non-executive member (Martin Narey)
- Non-executive member (Theodore Agnew)
The Criminal Justice Board minutes – 15 December 2016 (PDF, 312KB, 4 pages)
The Criminal Justice Board minutes - 10 October 2016 (PDF, 311KB, 4 pages)
The Criminal Justice Board minutes – 25 April 2016 (PDF, 316KB, 4 pages)
The Criminal Justice Board minutes – 9 March 2016 (PDF, 407KB, 4 pages)
The Criminal Justice Board minutes – 28 January 2016 (PDF, 49.5KB, 4 pages)
The Criminal Justice Board minutes – 26 October 2015 (PDF, 124KB, 6 pages)
The Criminal Justice Board minutes – 14 December 2015 (PDF, 121KB, 4 pages)
To Contact the Criminal Justice Board, please email the CJB Secretariat at email@example.com .