The Creative Industries Council is a joint forum between the creative industries and government.
Role of the group
Set up to be a voice for creative industries, the council focus on areas where there are barriers to growth facing the sector, such as access to finance, skills, export markets, regulation, intellectual property (IP) and infrastructure. Action will be taken forward in these areas through the work of a small number of ‘task and finish’ working groups.
Council members are leading figureheads drawn from across the creative and digital industries including TV, computer games, fashion, music, arts, publishing and film.
The council is co-chaired by The Rt Hon Oliver Dowden CBE MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, The Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and Tim Davie CBE, Chief Executive at BBC Studios.
- Tim Davie CBE (Co-Chair) - BBC Studios
- The Rt Oliver Dowden CBE MP (Co-Chair) - DCMS
- The Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP (Co-Chair) - BEIS
- Caroline Dinenage MP - DCMS
- Hasan Bakhshi MBE - NESTA
- Debbie Bestwick MBE - Team 17
- Lee Brooks - Production Park
- Dinah Caine CBE - Goldsmiths
- Tom Kiehl - UK Music
- Rosy Greenlees OBE - Crafts Council
- Ronan Harris - Google
- Darren Henley OBE - ACE
- Janet Hull OBE - IPA
- Annette King - Publicis Groupe UK
- Kanya King OBE - MOBO
- Stephen Lotinga - Publishers Association
- Alex Mahon - Channel 4
- John McVay OBE - PACT
- Ben Roberts - BFI
- Caroline Norbury MBE - Creative England
- Stephen Page - Faber and Faber
- Caroline Rush CBE - British Fashion Council
- Dr Jeremy Silver - Digital Catapult
- Geoff Taylor - BPI
- Professor Andrew Thompson - Arts and Humanities Research Council
- Dr Jo Twist OBE - UKIE
- Alan Vallance - RIBA
- Sarah Weir OBE - Design Council
- Stephen Woodford - Advertising Association
For previous minutes please go to the National Archives website.
Terms of reference