The Creative Industries Council is a joint forum between the creative industries and government.
Role of the group
Set up to be a voice for creative industries, the council focus on areas where there are barriers to growth facing the sector, such as access to finance, skills, export markets, regulation, intellectual property (IP) and infrastructure. Action will be taken forward in these areas through the work of a small number of ‘task and finish’ working groups.
Council members are leading figureheads drawn from across the creative and digital industries including TV, computer games, fashion, music, arts, publishing and film.
The council is co-chaired by The Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP, Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills and Nicola Mendelsohn, Vice-President for Europe, the Middle East and Africa at Facebook.
- Hasan Bakhshi - NESTA
- Josh Berger - Warner Bros
- The Rt Hon Matt Hancock MP (Co-Chair) - DCMS
- Dinah Caine CBE - Creative Skillset
- The Rt Hon Greg Clark MP (Co-Chair) - BEIS
- Rosy Greenlees OBE - Crafts Council
- Tony Hall CBE - BBC
- Ronan Harris - Google
- Andy Heath MBE - UK Music
- Darren Henley OBE - ACE
- John Kampfner - Creative Industries Federation
- Ian Livingstone CBE - Playdemic
- Stephen Lotinga - Publishers Association
- John McVay - PACT
- Nicola Mendelsohn CBE (Co-Chair) - Facebook
- Amanda Nevill CBE - BFI
- Caroline Norbury MBE - Creative England
- Denise Proctor - NOISE Festival
- Caroline Rush CBE - British Fashion Council
- Jeremy Silver - Digital Catapult
- Geoff Taylor - BPI
- Jo Twist OBE - UKIE
- Alan Vallance - RIBA
- Sarah Weir OBE - Design Council
- Stephen Woodford - Advertising Association
- Riccardo Zacconi - King
For previous minutes please go to the National Archives website.
Terms of reference