The Council for Sustainable Business advises Defra on how businesses can help achieve the aims of the 25 Year Environment Plan.
Role of the group
The Council for Sustainable Business (CSB) advises Defra Ministers and policy teams. It provides a sounding board for how:
- businesses can help achieve the 25 Year Environment Plan goals
- government can help businesses in meeting these goals
The government’s 25 Year Environment Plan set out our goals for improving the environment and for being the first generation to leave it in a better state than we found it. It details how the government will work with communities and businesses to achieve this.
The Council will be led by:
- John Vincent (Chair of the Council) (Founder and CEO, Leon Restaurants); and
- Richard Walker (CEO of the Council) (Managing Director, Iceland Foods).
The Secretary of State, Chair and CEO of the Council have invited the following individuals to sit on the Council in their personal capacity:
- Jessi Baker (Provenance, Founder and CEO)
- Brian Barker (EJ Barker & Sons, Farm Manager)
- Adam Balon (Jam Jar Investments, Founder)
- Mike Barry (Marks & Spencer, Director of Sustainable Business, Plan A)
- Ranjit Baxi (J&H Sales International, Chairman)
- Richard Kirkman (Veolia, Chief Technical and Innovation Officer)
- Johan Eliasch (Head N.V and Cool Earth, Chairman and CEO)
- Caroline Rush OBE (British Fashion Council, CEO)
- Justin Francis (Responsible Travel, Founder and CEO)
- Liv Garfield (Severn Trent Water, CEO)
- Eugenie Mathieu (Aviva Investors, Senior SRI Analyst and Pensions Manager)
- Simon Quayle (Shaftesbury PLC, Executive Director)
- Azos Rashid (Crowd2Fund, Board member)
- Kriti Sharma (Sage, Vice President Artificial Intelligence and Robotics)
- John Tutte (Redrow, CEO)
- Hayden Wood (Bulb Energy, Co-Founder and CEO)
- Kate Wylie (Mars Inc, Global Vice President of Sustainability)
- Chris Sheppard (EMR Group, CEO)
The Council may invite written or oral submissions from individuals, businesses, NGOs and other organisations. It will seek submissions from those who have specific knowledge either of a relevant industry or environmental goal within the 25 Year Environment Plan.