The group discusses the operational impact of any proposed changes to data collections and transfers related to education in England.
Role of the group
The Core Software Suppliers Group assesses the operational impact on schools’ management information systems (MIS) that any proposed changes to government policy or data management might have.
This includes assessing:
- requests for changes to the common basic data set
- any proposed new data collections and transfers
- any proposed changes to existing collections
- the move to implement the proposed Information Standards Board data standards
Terms of reference
The next meetings are:
- Thursday 21 March in London
- Wednesday 8 May in Sheffield
The membership of the Core Software Suppliers Group includes representatives from the Department for Education, MIS software suppliers’ organisations and the Star Chamber Scrutiny Board. The group will extend invitations to attend their meetings and participate in the discussions to other providers of data systems to schools.
The chair of the group is Paul Hirst (Department for Education, Education Data Division).
If you are interested in joining the Core Software Suppliers Group or have any queries, please email using the contact details on this page.
Core Software Suppliers Group
Data Development Unit
Education Data Division