Monitor’s Co-operation and Competition Clinical Reference Group provides expert clinical advice on issues we are considering.
It advises on how co-operation, patient choice and competition can be effective in improving services for NHS patients and delivering value for taxpayers. This ensures we have access to the clinical expertise needed to develop our advice and recommendations.
On each case, we ask one or more of the members of the group to review papers and offer clinical insight. If the group does not have relevant expertise, we ask the group’s members to help us identify other experts.
- Shelley Dolan (The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust)
- Professor Graham Layer (Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Trust)
- Dr Alan Nye (GP)
- Dr John Scarpello (National Patient Safety Agency)
- Mr David Limb (Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust)
- Dr Alex Lewis (Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust)