Since 2010, the Financial Secretary, David Gauke MP has chaired the Business Forum on Tax and Competitiveness, meeting biannually with business leaders to discuss ways in which the Government can improve the competitiveness of the UK tax system.
Role of the forum
The forum facilitate an open discussion of the issue of tax in the context of the UK’s international competitiveness.
It provides the government with views from a range of different multinational businesses that can be used to inform the tax reform process and proposals.
The forum complements wider consultation as part of the government’s aim to have an open and transparent approach to tax policy.
- Simon Dingemans, Chief Financial Officer, GlaxoSmithKline
- Mark Elborn, President & CEO UK & Ireland, General Electric
- Nick Read, Chief Financial Officer, Vodafone
- Michael Devereux, Director, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation
- Andrew Nelson, Chief Financial Officer, Amey
- Simon Henry, Chief Financial Officer, Royal Dutch Shell
- Andy Halford, Chief Financial Officer, Standard Chartered
- Carolyn Fairbairn, Director General, Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
- Julie Brown, Chief Financial Officer, Smith & Nephew
- Penny James, Group Chief Risk Officer, Prudential
- Carol Fairweather, Chief Financial Officer, Burberry
- Carol Cran, Chief Financial Officer, Aggreko
- David Smith, Chief Financial Officer, Rolls Royce