TBEAG advises on the development and implementation of the strategy for eradicating bovine TB.
Role of the group
The Bovine TB Eradication Advisory Group for England (TBEAG) is an expert group with responsibility for advising the Animal Health and Welfare Board for England (AHWBE) and Defra ministers. It is a subgroup of AHWBE, which has overall responsibility for TB strategy.
- helps with the implementation of the 25-year strategy to eradicate bovine TB in England
- advises on funding and budgetary issues
- advises on compliance with EU legal requirements and on the development of the UK’s EU-funded Bovine TB Eradication Programme
- provides advice on the full range of issues relating to bovine TB at the request of the AHWBE or Ministers
- takes an active role in communicating and explaining any resulting changes to stakeholders, engaging regularly with the farming industry, veterinary profession and wider stakeholders
Terms of reference
You can read
Minutes of meetings
Older minutes are available on the National Archive website.