The UK Board of Trade champions exports, inward investment and outward direct investment to deliver economic growth and prosperity across the whole of the United Kingdom.
Prominent figures from business and politics from each part of the UK provide local expertise and guide the board on trade and investment matters. The board meets 4 times a year with meetings rotated around the UK guaranteeing all parts of the union have a chance to raise the issues most important to them.
Membership of the Board of Trade
The only member of the Board of Trade is Secretary of State for International Trade and President of the Board of Trade, Rt Hon Liam Fox MP.
The Board of Trade has advisers from around the United Kingdom.
Current advisers to the Board of Trade are:
- Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP – Secretary of State for Wales
- Rt Hon David Mundell MP – Secretary of State for Scotland
- Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP – Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
- Baroness Fairhead – Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- Graham Stuart MP – Minister of State for Investment
- George Hollingbery MP – Minister of State for Trade Policy
- Lord Rowe-Beddoe – former chair of the Welsh Development Agency
- Collette Roche – Chief Operating Officer of Manchester United
- Heather Stevens CBE – Chair of The Waterloo Foundation
- Edward Timpson CBE – former Minister of State for Children and Families
- Ian Curle – CEO, Edrington Group
- Andrew Mills – CEO, Virtualstock
- Iqbal Ahmed – Chairman, Chief Executive and founder of Seamark Group
- Rt Hon Brian Wilson – former Trade Minister
- Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt – former Secretary of State for the Department for Trade and Industry
- Mark Nodder – CEO, Wrights Group
- Marnie Millard – CEO, Nichols PLC
- The Rt. Hon Alderman Charles Bowman – Lord Mayor of the City of London