The Apprenticeship Delivery Board (ADB) will advise on expanding apprenticeships nationally, and will aim to increase the number of apprenticeship places that employers offer in both the public and private sector.
The Apprenticeship Delivery Board advises on how best to expand apprenticeships nationally and will play an active part in supporting the delivery of this.
The board aims to increase the number of apprenticeship places that employers offer in both the public and private sector, by both encouraging existing employers to expand their programmes and by securing new employer engagement in the programme.
The board reports directly to Minister of State for Apprenticeships and Skills, Anne Milton MP, and will work with the National Apprenticeship Service to stimulate interest in and take up of apprenticeships. It is chaired by Trudy Harrison MP.
Members of the board include:
- Claire Paul, BBC
- Sir Andrew Parmley, City of London
- Mike Thompson, Head of Employability at Barclays
- Rami Ranger CBE, Chairman of Sun Mark Ltd
- Simon Blagden CBE, Non-Executive Chairman at Fujitsu
- Julie Taylor, Director General, Head Office and Commissioning Services, Ministry of Defence
- Jason Holt CBE, Chief Executive, Holts Group
- Mark Thurston, HS2
- Danny Mortimer, NHS Employers
- Rachel Tuffin OBE, College of Policing
- Tim Cooper, United Response
- Malcolm Press, Manchester Metropolitan University
- Jayne Haines, Senior Vice President, Talent, Leadership & Organisation Development Centre of Excellence, GSK
- Suzie Welch, HR Director, Pizza Express Restaurants Ltd
Apprenticeship Delivery Board meeting minutes
The Minister for Apprenticeships and Skills Anne Milton MP has appointed Stephen Metcalfe MP and Trudy Harrison MP to champion the apprenticeship programme.