We are asking for views on our proposed updated arrangements for regulating Network Rail’s land disposals. This follows our 2018 periodic review (PR18) of Network Rail’s outputs and funding.
The updates we propose are relatively minor but beneficial in nature, providing further clarity and guidance to Network Rail. They include:
- amending the general consent to:
- include disposals that would allow construction / enhancement at a station or freight facility for the purposes of
- providing services relating to railways
- include disposals that would provide network connected rail freight activities and rail infrastructure activities
- providing further indication in our decision criteria as to when we will consider there is acceptable evidence that land proposed for disposal may have a reasonably foreseeable railway use
- amending our application of policy section relating to enactment-related disposals