Detail of outcome
Monitor has collated, summarised and reviewed all the comments received throughout the engagement process.
We have now updated the following documents ahead of NHS foundation trusts preparing their 2015/16 quality reports:
- detailed requirements for quality reports 2015/16
- detailed guidance for external assurance on quality reports 2015/16
We are very grateful for the feedback on the proposals, and for all the constructive comments and suggestions received.
We will publish two documents covering foundation trusts’ requirements for 2015/16. This consultation includes:
- our proposals for indicators to be subject to assurance in our detailed guidance for external assurance on quality reports 2015/16
- our proposal to clarify guidance on how auditors should report a modified conclusion on their limited assurance work
- an invitation for you to comment on who should provide the external assurance on quality reports from 2016/17
We will consider all responses in finalising these documents for 2015/16.