Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The document sets out the Government’s response to the December 2015 Alternative HAN Solutions consultation.
Alternative HAN is the name given to the solutions that will be needed to provide a HAN in those premises that are unlikely to be served by either the 2.4GHz or 868MHz solutions without range-extending equipment.
The consultation response concludes on the design of the Alternative HAN arrangements and provides updated legal drafting reflecting these conclusions. The legal drafting will be laid in Parliament alongside publication of this response document and, subject to successfully completing the Parliamentary process, will be brought into legal effect in summer 2016.
Alternative HAN is the generic name given to the solution(s) that will be needed to provide a HAN in those premises that are unlikely to be served by either the 2.4GHz or 868MHz solutions alone (i.e. without range-extending equipment).
This consultation document sets out further proposals on the detailed design of the alternative HAN arrangements and the regulatory provisions that will be needed to underpin them. It follows on from the governments response to the consultation on home area network solutions.
Your response will be most useful it is framed in direct response to the questions posed, though further comments and evidence are also welcome. Where possible, please use the response template attached alongside this consultation.
Alongside the consultation, we have published the following draft legal text:
- Draft DCC licence changes
- Amendments to Condition 22: The Smart Energy Code (Annex B1)
- Amendments to Condition 36: (Annex B2)
- Draft Supplier licence conditions
- Condition 55: new draft supply licence conditions on the Alternative HAN arrangements (Annex B3)
- Amendments to the operational licence conditions (Annex B4)
- Draft Smart Energy Code text:
- Amendments to Section A: Definitions and Interpretation (Annex B5)
- Amendments to Section C: Governance (Annex B6)
- Amendments to Section D: Modification Process (Annex B7)
- Amendments to Section K: Charging Methodology (Annex B8)
- Section Z: a new section of the SEC covering the Alternative HAN arrangements (Annex B9)