House fires: financial help and fire safety

The Red Cross and your local council can help with accommodation and other needs in an emergency.

Emergency help

Contact the Red Cross for emergency help with accommodation, clothing, food etc as well as help dealing with insurance companies.

If you have nowhere to stay

Contact your local council. They may be able to help you with emergency housing.

Fire safety

Get fire safety advice on the Fire Kills page, including information on smoke alarms, making your home safe and help for people with disabilities.