Civil Service Fast Stream
The Civil Service Fast Stream helps graduates to make an impact on people’s lives in the UK and the world. You could work in areas including education, the economy, foreign affairs, defence policy, health, the environment and many more.
You’ll need to meet the following conditions to apply:
- meet nationality and immigration requirements
- have a second-class degree in any subject for most Fast Stream schemes
You can find out more on the Civil Service Fast Stream blog
How to apply
You can apply for a Fast Stream scheme from 16 February to 7 April 2015.
Read about how to apply for a Civil Service Fast Stream scheme.
You can also practice for the Fast Stream tests.
Fast Stream schemes
Read more about the schemes that you can apply for from February:
- Government Economic Service Fast Stream
- Government Statistical Service Fast Stream
- Government Operational Research Service Fast Stream
- Commercial Fast Stream
- Human Resources Fast Stream
All other Fast Stream schemes will open for applications in September 2015 - read more about all Fast Stream schemes.
Pay and benefits
You’ll get a starting salary between £25,000 and £27,000 a year.
Pay increases are based on performance. If you’re promoted, you may earn over £45,000 after 4 to 5 years.
Your benefits will include:
- a permanent employment contract from the start, provided you meet our performance and development standards
- flexible working hours in most departments
- the civil service pension scheme
- around 22 days’ holiday per year plus 9 days’ public and additional holidays