Correct a marriage registration

What corrections can be made

Corrections can only be made when the information in a marriage register is wrong (for example a mistake was made when recording a person’s occupation).

You cannot apply for a correction to show new information if circumstances change after the marriage.

You’ll need to find out if the mistake was made when entering information in the marriage register or just on the marriage certificate.

To do this, contact the register office in the area where your marriage was registered. You need to contact the register office, even if your ceremony was held in another venue.