You’ll need a visa to work or do business or academic research in the UK
The visa you apply for depends on your circumstances.
A ‘skilled worker’ visa may be suitable if you’ve been offered a:
- skilled job in the UK
- role in your overseas employer’s UK branch - the visa you apply for depends on your circumstances
- job in a religious community
- job as an elite sportsperson or coach
A ‘temporary worker’ visa may be suitable if you want work in the UK for a short time:
- in sports
- in arts or entertainment
- as a volunteer
- in a work experience role
- for a charity
- for a religious organisation
You can also apply for an international agreement visa if you’ll be doing work covered by international law while in the UK (eg working for a foreign government or as a private servant in a diplomatic household).
‘High value’ workers
A ‘high value worker’ visa may be suitable if you’re:
You may be eligible for a UK ancestry visa if one of your grandparents was born in the UK.
You can also apply as a: