To apply you must:
- be 18 or over
- have been living in the UK for at least 3 years before your course starts
- plan to work in the UK, European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) after the course
You must also be a citizen of one of the following:
- the UK
- a country in the EEA, including Swizerland
- a country in an EU overseas territory
Contact the National Careers Service if you’re not sure about your eligibility.
Which courses qualify?
- only last up to 2 years, or 3 years if they include 1 year of work experience
- be provided by an organisation on the Professional Career and Development Loan Register - check with your course provider
- help with your career - they do not have to lead to a qualification
You cannot get Professional and Career Development Loans for first full-time degrees but you can apply for student finance.