1. Overview

You may be able to get financial help through a government home ownership scheme if you live in England and can’t afford to buy a home.

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have different home ownership schemes.

The 4 types of home ownership schemes are:

Contact the Help to Buy agent in the area where you want to live to find out more about Help to Buy equity loans and shared ownership schemes.

There are also schemes for council and housing association tenants. Read the guides on Right to Buy and Right to Acquire.