British Embassy Chisinau
18 Nicolae Iorga Str.
Telephone (+373) (22) 225 902
Fax (+373) (22) 251 859
Telephone: Consular section (+373) (22) 225 902
UK Visa Services
From 1 June all customer enquiries from the UK and overseas will be handled by a new commercial partner Sitel UK.
The main changes for customers applying from outside the UK are:
- all phone numbers and opening hours will change.
- the number of languages offered is reducing to eight including English to reflect current usage.
- customers who contact UKVI by e-mail will be charged.
There are no changes to those who contact us from within the UK or to sponsor or premium services.
Charges and paying
Customers applying from outside the UK who choose to contact us by e-mail will now be charged £5.48 per e-mail. This includes the initial e-mail enquiry plus any follow-up e-mails to and from the contact centre relating to the same enquiry.
Phone calls for customers applying from outside the UK will be paid for as they are now, via credit or debit card. E-mails will be paid for by entering card details prior to submitting an enquiry. Customers who do not have access to a credit or debit card may choose to use a trusted third party such as an agent or sponsor.
Opening hours for customers applying from outside the UK
Our English service phone line is open 24 hours Monday-Friday, with other languages available at times that reflect standard business hours where possible, see table below.
|Language||Number||Opening hours (British Standard Time)|
|English||+44 (0)203 481 1736||Monday-Friday, 24 hours|
|Arabic||+44 (0)203 481 1737||Sunday-Thursday, 05.00-13.00|
|Cantonese||+44 (0)203 481 1739||Monday-Friday, 01.00-09.00|
|French||+44 (0)203 481 1740||Monday-Friday, 09.00-17.00|
|Hindi||+44 (0)203 481 1741||Monday-Friday, 04.00-12.00|
|Mandarin||+44 (0)203 481 1742||Monday-Friday, 01.00-09.00|
|Russian||+44 (0)203 481 1743||Monday-Friday, 06.00-14.00|
|Spanish||+44 (0)203 481 1738||Monday-Friday, 13.00-01.00|
The new contract will see a number of changes for customers, to help the government reduce costs and ensure those who benefit directly from the UK immigration system make an appropriate contribution.
Customers should continue to access immigration guidance and information through www.gov.uk
British Embassies overseas are unable to help with visa related enquiries.
Telephone: (+373) (22) 22 59 02 (select the language then press “2” for Consular Services)
Summer, mid June to end August (GMT +3 hours)
- Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5:30pm
- Friday, 9am to 1pm
Winter, September to mid June (GMT + 2 hours)
- Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm
- Friday, 9am to 2pm
2017 Public holidays
- Monday 2 January - in lieu of New Year’s Day
- Friday 6 January – Orthodox privilege Christmas Day
- Wednesday 8 March – International Women Day
- Friday 14 April – Western Faith Good Friday
- Monday 17 April – Western Faith Easter Monday and Orthodox Faith Easter Monday
- Monday 24 April – Day of the Deceased
- Monday 1 May – UK May Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 9 May – Victory Day
- Monday 29 May – UK Spring Bank Holiday
- Tuesday 30 May - HM The Queen’s Birthday privilege day
- Monday 28 August – UK late Summer Bank Holiday
- Thursday 31 August – Moldovan Language Day
- Monday 25 December – Christmas Day
- Tuesday 26 December – Boxing Day