British Embassy Abu Dhabi, main contact
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
Al Hisn Street, Al Markaziyah West
PO Box 248 Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Telephone +971 2 610 1100
Fax commercial +971 2 610 1585
Fax corporate services +971 2 610 1586
Our staff are working remotely as our building is closed. When calling, you may therefore hear a message stating that our offices are closed. However, we are available 24/7. If in need of urgent assistance, please stay on the line and select the option for ‘calling about an emergency involving a British National’ to speak to an officer.
If you visit the British Embassy, Abu Dhabi see our privacy notice for visitors which explains how we will process your data for security and public health management reasons.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the British Embassies in the UAE are keen to ensure that our buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access:
- Entrances: entrances to the public areas are generally clear and unobstructed;
- Steps and staircases (including any clear step edging); all public areas are on the ground floor. However, there are steps leading up to the Residence entrance;
- Ramps (permanent or mobile); a permanent ramp provides access to our Consular area, and a temporary ramp can provide access to the Residence entrance;
- Toilets: all public toilets are on the ground floor but we do not have special toilet facilities for wheelchair users or those with limited physical mobility in our consular or commercial areas. There is a disabled toilet in our new visa building and in the Residence;
- Parking: parking facilities, with full transfer space, can be made available within the Embassy if requested in advance;
- Floor coverings: floor coverings in the public areas are safe and even. However, there are a number of rugs covering the floor in the Residence;
- Doors: doors in the public areas would be difficult to open by the wheelchair users or those with limited physical mobility themselves. Staff will always be available to assist anyone with specific requirements;
- Lighting: the public areas are generally well lit;
- Emergency/evacuation: our staff would assist disabled visitors.
Access for visually-impaired visitors
- Signs: signs are clear and use internationally recognisable symbols. None of our notices or forms are available in Braille;
- Guide dogs: guide dogs are welcome.
Access for deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- we have no special equipment for deaf or hard of hearing visitors. Visitors requiring sign language interpretation services should provide their own;
- hearing dogs: Hearing dogs are welcome.