Technology community (web operations)
The cross-government web operations (web ops) community exists to:
- share information about web ops for government services
- discuss and challenge how web ops work for government services
- bring together people from across government with an interest in web ops
Who the community is for
You might be interested in this community if you’re involved in any aspect of web ops, for example:
- setting up hosting for a service
- setting up deployment environments
- managing software configuration
- monitoring the uptime and availability of a live service
You don’t need to be in a web ops role to join.
Join the community
If you can’t access these groups, please email: email@example.com for help.
The technology at GDS blog discusses how GDS builds, assembles and runs its software.
Web ops in the Service Manual
These guides show what we currently believe to be best practice in web ops for government services:
- Deploying software regularly
- Working in pre-production environments
- Manage your software configuration
- Uptime and availability: keeping your service online
- Monitoring the status of your service
- Deciding how to host your service
Help us keep the Service Manual up to date by:
- contributing to community discussions
- telling us if something is wrong or out of date using the feedback link at the top of each guide
- Last update:
Added guides to 'Deploying software regularly' and 'Deciding how to host your service'.
Guidance first published