Beta This is new guidance. Complete our quick 5-question survey to help us improve it.
Technology community (web operations)
The cross-government web operations (web ops) community exists to:
- share information about web ops for government services
- discuss and challenge how web ops work for government services
- bring together people from across government with an interest in web ops
Who the community is for
You might be interested in this community if you’re involved in any aspect of web ops, for example:
- setting up hosting for a service
- setting up deployment environments
- managing software configuration
- monitoring the uptime and availability of a live service
You don’t need to be in a web ops role to join.
Join the community
Use the web ops Google group to discuss cross-government web ops issues (request access using your government email address).
If you can’t access this group, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
The technology at GDS blog discusses how GDS builds, assembles and runs its software.
Web ops in the service manual
These guides show what we currently believe to be best practice in web ops for government services:
- Manage your software configuration
- Working in pre-production environments
- Monitoring the status of your service
- Uptime and availability: keeping your service online
- Deploying software regularly
Help us keep the service manual up to date by telling us if something is wrong or out of date via the feedback link at the top of each guide.
- Last update:
Added a link
Added a link to the deploying software guide and the hosting guide.
Added new community information
Given green light by community lead to add links to cross-government Google group.