British Embassy Abu Dhabi, main contact
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
Khalid bin Al Waleed St (Street 22)
PO Box 248 Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Telephone +971 2 610 1100
Fax commercial +971 2 610 1585
Fax consular +971 2 610 1609
Fax corporate services +971 2 610 1586
Sunday to Thursday, 7:30am to 2:30pm (Local)
Sunday to Thursday, 4:30am to 11:30am (GMT)
For all Visa related enquiries:
Visa International Enquiry Service: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
If you need to visit the British Embassy for a consular issue, you may need to make an appointment. Please check our Notarial and documentary service to see which services will require an appointment to be made in advance of your visit.
Our offices will be closed for the following public holidays in 2017:
|Sunday 1st January||New Year’s Day|
|Sunday 16th - Monday 17th April||Easter|
|Monday 24th April||Laylat Al-Meiraj|
|Sunday 25th - Monday 26th June||Eid Al-Fitr*|
|Thursday 31st August - Sunday 3rd September||Eid Al-Adha*|
|Thursday 21st September||Al-Hijra*|
|Thursday 30th November||Martyrs’ Day|
|Thursday 1st December||National Day|
|Sunday 3rd December||Miliad Un Nabi - Birthday of Prophet Mohammad|
|Sunday 24th - Tuesday 26th December||Christmas Eve, Christmas & Boxing Day|
Dates for local holidays marked with an * are approximate and may vary by one or two days.
If you are a British National needing urgent consular assistance during this period, please call Tel: 04 309 4444
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the British Embassies in the UAE are keen to ensure that our buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access:
- Entrances: entrances to the public areas are generally clear and unobstructed;
- Steps and staircases (including any clear step edging); all public areas are on the ground floor. However, there are steps leading up to the Residence entrance;
- Ramps (permanent or mobile); a permanent ramp provides access to our Consular area, and a temporary ramp can provide access to the Residence entrance;
- Toilets: all public toilets are on the ground floor but we do not have special toilet facilities for wheelchair users or those with limited physical mobility in our consular or commercial areas. There is a disabled toilet in our new visa building and in the Residence;
- Parking: parking facilities, with full transfer space, can be made available within the Embassy if requested in advance;
- Floor coverings: floor coverings in the public areas are safe and even. However, there are a number of rugs covering the floor in the Residence;
- Doors: doors in the public areas would be difficult to open by the wheelchair users or those with limited physical mobility themselves. Staff will always be available to assist anyone with specific requirements;
- Lighting: the public areas are generally well lit;
- Emergency/evacuation: our staff would assist disabled visitors.
Access for visually-impaired visitors
- Signs: signs are clear and use internationally recognisable symbols. None of our notices or forms are available in Braille;
- Guide dogs: guide dogs are welcome.
Access for deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- we have no special equipment for deaf or hard of hearing visitors. Visitors requiring sign language interpretation services should provide their own;
- hearing dogs: Hearing dogs are welcome.