Application to license a house in multiple occupation from Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Step 1 of 4 Complete the application form
First, download the form
Right-click the link below and select the 'Save' option
Next, fill in the application form on your computer
To edit the form you'll need a recent version of Adobe Reader.
Open the form using Adobe Reader instead of your web browser.
If you can't complete the form right now don't worry, you can edit it in your own time. Once you're ready, return to this page to complete the application.
There is additional information available for this licence that you might find useful:General information from the licensing authority
Before you apply...
There's a fee you'll need to pay for this submission.
You'll need a debit or credit card.
You'll need to provide copies of the following:
- Evidence of the permanent residential address and National Insurance number of the proposed Licence Holder
- Evidence of the permanent residential address and National Insurance number of the proposed Manager
- Provide the date that the property became licensable
- Fire Alarm System installation and commissioning report.
- Fire Alarm test Certificate
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Emergency Lighting installation and commissioning report.
- Emergency Lighting test certificate
- Valid Landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (ECIR)
- Valid Portable Electrical Appliance Test certificate (“PAT test”)
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- Sketch Plan
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- Planning Consent, Building Regulations Approvals or Completion (optional)
- Service contract for the Alarm and Fire System. (optional)
What if I don't have electronic copies?
Photos or scans of documents are acceptable, providing the relevant information is clear.
If you can't provide electronic versions you can still apply online, but you'll need to send in copies by post. We'll give you the address and reference number once you've completed the application.
Now, submit the application