Application to license a house in multiple occupation from Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
Step 1 of 4 Complete the application form
First, download the form
Right-click the link below and select the 'Save' option
Next, fill in the application form on your computer
To edit the form you'll need a recent version of Adobe Reader.
Open the form using Adobe Reader instead of your web browser.
If you can't complete the form right now don't worry, you can edit it in your own time. Once you're ready, return to this page to complete the application.
There is additional information available for this licence that you might find useful:General information from the licensing authority More detailed information on legislation etc.
Before you apply...
There's a fee you'll need to pay for this submission.
You'll need a debit or credit card.
You'll need to provide copies of the following:
- A floor plan of the buildings you are intending to license
- A current gas safety certificate
- Copy of the current fire and smoke detection/alarm test certificate for the property
- Copy of the current electrical installation inspection report for the property
- Fire safety risk assessment (optional)
- Fit and proper person assessment (optional)
- Copy of the current fire fighting equipment test certificate (optional)
What if I don't have electronic copies?
Photos or scans of documents are acceptable, providing the relevant information is clear.
If you're unable to provide electronic versions of these documents then you cannot make an online application and you should do so by post.
Now, submit the application