There are an estimated 17,000 civil servants in DDaT roles across government.
The Capability Framework describes the roles in the DDaT Profession and provides details of the level of skills and civil service competencies expected.
Anyone can use the Capability Framework to:
- learn about what different roles do in government
- understand what skills are needed by professionals in particular jobs
- identify skills that need development to help career progression
- assess skills in preparation for performance reviews
- create effective job adverts
- carry out HR and workforce planning