Innovate UK’s modern slavery and human trafficking statement outlines some of the activities we will carry out in accordance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
This includes actions to:
- make all staff aware of the act
- roll out e-learning to existing staff and incorporate into a new hire training and induction programme
- run awareness workshops of the ‘red flags’ in Innovate UK’s business where there is a risk of slavery or human trafficking and the steps to take to manage these risks
- raise awareness of any changes to procurement contracts as part of the Government Internal Audit Agency audit plan for 2017 to 2018
- ensure that modern slavery risks and preventation are built into Innovate UK’s policy review process, including our whistleblowing policy
- as we transition to UK Research and Innovation, ensure that the act is considered in policies, procedures and documentation, including grant and funding terms and conditions