Paying the charge
You need to pay the Dartford Crossing charge (Dart Charge) by midnight the day after you cross.
If you do not pay the Dart Charge on time you might get a fine.
Use this service to:
- pay the Dart Charge
- set up a Dart Charge account
- pay or challenge a fine (also called a ‘Penalty Charge Notice’ or PCN)
- check which crossings you’ve paid for
You need your:
- vehicle registration number (number plate)
- PCN reference number if you’re paying or challenging a fine
If you’ve already set up an account, sign in to manage your account or pay the charge.
Who needs to pay the charge
You usually need to pay the charge if you use the Dartford Crossing between 6am and 10pm - including at weekends and on bank holidays.
You do not need to pay if you:
- cross on a motorcycle, moped or quad bike
- get free UK vehicle tax because of a disability (your vehicle will be checked automatically when you cross)
Other ways to pay
- pay with cash at a Payzone store - find your nearest Payzone store
- set up an account by post
- pay in advance or top-up your account by post
- pay a fine (or PCN) by phone
- pay or set up an account by phoning the Dart Charge contact centre
Contact Dart Charge
Dart Charge contact centre
Telephone: 0300 300 0120
Textphone: 18001 0300 300 0120
Every day, 8am to 8pm
Find out about call charges
There’s another phone number if you’re paying a fine (or PCN).
You can send questions and complaints online about paying the Dart Charge.