Science and innovation underpin the economies of both Portugal and the UK. SIN Portugal engages with the local science & innovation community in support of UK policy overseas and create strategic relationships to harness the value of science & innovation discoveries and investments overseas, leading to mutual UK and Portugal benefits.
SIN Portugal facilitates policy exchange between the UK and Portugal and encourages collaborative partnerships between the two countries. Our main stakeholders and partners include government departments, parliamentary and devolved institutions, public sector bodies, universities, research, and industry. The Embassy also collaborate closely with the British Council.
In addition to supporting policy exchange, SIN Portugal focuses on three strategic areas:
- Health and Life Science
- Space, Earth Observation and Oceans
- Cyber and ICT [digital]
Additionally SIN Portugal work to the following global objectives:
- influence Portugal’s science and innovation policies of government, industry and academia to benefit the UK
- improve UK policy based on international experience and emerging opportunities and challenges with Portugal
- stimulate strategic science collaborations with Portugal to benefit the UK and deliver wider policy goals
- harness Portugal international technology partnerships and investment to grow UK innovation capability
We proactively seek out for UK-Portugal collaborations in our priority areas of interest, and to assess any potential projects that support may support that are suggested to us. If you are looking to work with researchers or innovators in the UK or Portugal then please get in touch with Frederico Lyra, our Science and Innovation Officer in Portugal.
Frederico Lyra, Science and Innovation Officer
Science & Innovation Officer
British Embassy Lisbon
Rua de São Bernardo 33